Welcome to IAB Certification
Code of Ethics
IAB certifications provide the highest industry credentials for digital media and advertising professionals. Individuals who earn the DMSC, DBPC, DAOC, or DMFC are dedicated to upholding high standards of ethical and professional practice in the industry. In earning an IAB certification designation, professionals must recognize that certification is a privilege that must be earned and maintained, and doing so is the responsibility of the highest order. This document sets forth the Code of Ethics to be upheld by all IAB certified persons and is a requirement of earning and maintaining certification. The Code of Ethics establishes the professional conduct and minimal ethical behavior requirements of certificants. Certificants who intentionally or knowingly violate any provision of the Code of Ethics are subject to investigation and sanctions which may result in revocation of the certification.
The certificant shall:
- Act in a moral and ethical manner at all times and conduct all interactions with clients and prospective clients with honesty and integrity.
- Refuse to participate in actions, agreements, policies or practices which may be detrimental to clients, prospective clients, competitors or suppliers; or established economic, social or legal standards.
- Refuse engagements which present a conflict-of-interest or outside influence or might otherwise compromise objectivity or professional judgment.
- Truthfully and accurately represent advertising and marketing products and services in a manner that mutually benefits the buyer and seller.
- Work in the best interest of the client to achieving marketing solutions.
- Respect, protect and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary client information.
- Accurately represent professional qualifications and credentials.
- Be truthful and accurate with all information provided to earn and maintain certification.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of the certification examination and other sensitive and proprietary information.
- Maintain competency requirements through recertification.
- Acknowledge that the certificate is the property of IAB Certification Commission.
- Uphold and abide by the policies and procedures required to remain in good standing with the IAB Certification Commission.
- Use the certification logo and marks as authorized.
- Cooperate with the IAB Certification Commission concerning ethics inquiries and investigations.
- Report conduct that may violate this Code of Ethics